- Payment Terms: The booking fee secures the time and services of the photographer/videographer for the wedding and is non-refundable When booking Abraxas Photography Ltd, we require non-refundable deposit of £150.00 for Photography services and £150.00 for Video services, along with a completed booking form and signed (or accepted) terms and conditions. Payment will be accepted by; cash, card, online bank transfer or via the online booking form (no cheques). The remaining balance is due 4 weeks before the event. If payment is not received by due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking with us. We reserve the right to charge for any additional photography / filming past the time of your booked package to be charged at £70 per half hour. We hold Public Liability Cover with a limit of indemnity of £5,000,000. Should the wedding venue require a higher limit, the additional cost will be payable by the client.
- Camera Operators: The operator(s) will shoot / film until the requested time stated on the booking form. Additional filming of the day after the pre-booked time cannot be guaranteed and will remain the decision of the camera operator(s) on the day. Requests for specific camera operators cannot be guaranteed.
- Camera Positioning & Audio: It is the responsibility of the client to secure the permission of the Wedding venues to shoot/film. Charges imposed by the venue will be paid by the client. Monies paid to Abraxas Photogrpahy Ltd are non-refundable if such officials prevent filming. Operators maintain a set position throughout the wedding ceremony and only shoot / film from the designated areas set out at the venue. Some venues may request shooting / filming from either the back or from limited viewing angles. We will abide by the rules of the venue regarding camera placement at the ceremony. We do not shoot / film the actual signing of the register. We are not responsible for loss of photography, video or audio quality due to restrictions at event locations. We endeavour to capture all key moments, however, in case of any unforeseen circumstances occurring, we cannot guarantee the capture of any specific shot. As experienced camera operators, we reserve the right to make a decision on the positioning of the cameras during the day, as we must take into account issues such as the willingness of subjects, weather, natural & artificial lighting and how this will affect the footage. As your official photographers and videographers, please ensure that Abraxas Photogrpahy Ltd will have priority filming. Keen guests making personal recordings may cause distractions and obscure key shots. Should this occur, it will be beyond our control. Occasionally venue officials do not allow the use of radio microphones. This will affect the quality of the audio on your wedding film, however we must abide by the rules of the venue, therefore we will not be held responsible for the reduction in audio quality.
- Special Requests: The photography and video coverage will be as the photographers / videographers expertise determines and that no one shot/scene will be deemed more important than another. Special requests are not binding instruction, although every effort is made to comply with your wishes.
- Equipment Breakdown, Unforeseen circumstances & Force Majeure: All equipment is checked, cleaned and maintained to a high standard. In the event of mechanical breakdown or human error resulting in partial loss of footage, Abraxas Photography Ltd will only be liable for a part reduction in the package cost. Errors of a more serious nature may incur a refund of all monies to customer. In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your booking (due to illness and personal difficulties) and be unable to perform the services agreed, you will be notified immediately any monies paid will be refunded in full. If this were to occur, every effort possible will be made by Abraxas Photography Ltd to secure another photographer /videographer for you but cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel, vary or suspend the operation of this contract if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing): fire, floods, storm, snowfall, plant breakdown, strike, lock outs, riot, hostilities, non-availability of materials or supplies or any other event outside the control of Abraxas Photogrpahy Ltd, and Abraxas Photography Ltd shall not be liable for any breach of contract resulting from such an event.
Force Majeure additional information
The due performance of these terms is subject to alteration or cancellation by the photographers/videographers owing to cause beyond their control. In the unlikely event of total photographic/film failure or cancellation of this contract by the photographers/videographers liability shall be to refund all of the monies paid. The photographers/videographers shall not be liable for consequential loss howsoever caused.
The photographers/videographers shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photographed and the locations used.
The photographer’s/videographer’s judgements regarding the locations, poses and number of photographs taken shall be deemed correct.
Due to the vagaries of the weather and the willingness of subjects it may not be possible to capture all of the images requested.
We cannot guarantee that a particular photographer/videographer requested by the client will attend on the day.
In all cases copyright, negatives and digitial files remain the property of Abraxas Photography Ltd.
It is agreed that the following terms set out the total agreement made between the parties and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
- Cancellation on clients part: In the event of a cancellation, charges are as follows;
More than ninety days prior to the date: No refund on deposit paid.
Ninety days to forty five days prior to the date: Deposit plus half the remaining cost.
Less than forty five days prior to the date: Full amount.
Email is not accepted. If cancellation is not received in writing the full amount of the chosen package will be due. Post office errors cannot be accepted for non-receipt of cancellation. It is suggested to send via recorded delivery for proof.
- Lead Times: Proof Photos:Your photography proofs are ready within 4 weeks of the event date. There may be a delay during busy periods. We aim to supply your film approximately 8 weeks after the Wedding date. We will not commit to a timescale as it will depend on the work schedule at the time.
- Changes to Edit & Final Copies:Please be aware you will have 14 days to notify Abraxas Photography Ltd of any changes to your supplied film edit, including typing or production errors. All changes must be either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org We cannot accept any change requests either verbally or by text message.
- The final production completion of your album/film may take considerably longer and we will not commit to an exact timescale for completion, as it will depend on the number work schdeule and client requests.
- Collection / Delivery We prefer you to collect both your photo proofs and film from the office, however we understand this can be difficult. If required, we will post by Royal Mail Recorded delivery at cost. We will supply you with the tracking number, however it will then become your responsibility to contact Royal Mail if any problems occur. Any replacements required will be chargeable.
- Digital Master files: The master files for both photography and video remain the property of Abraxas Photography Ltd and we do not under any circumstances supply unedited footage or RAW/Jpeg files. All wedding films will be archived and available for up to 1 year for the purpose of additional copies, after this time Abraxas Photogrpahy Ltd cannot guarantee holding the master copy.
- Demonstration Usage: Abraxas Photography Ltd reserves the right to use samples of your images/film for demonstration and marketing purposes. Abraxas Photography Ltd may at any time use photographs / film from any wedding for publicity purposes such as brochures, magazines, websites and exhibitions. No royalty fees will be paid for use of any images.
Any attempt to photographically copy, photocopy, computer scanning etc. of photographs/film taken by the photographers/videographers is breaking copyright laws. The photographers/videographers will take the necessary legal action if any copies are produced regardless of size, quality and quantity produced. All dimensions quoted are approximate and are the material sizes before processing and finishing. All prices are subject to alteration without notice.
Any images or copies of images whether stored digitally or otherwise and any computer program including any source or object code, computer files or printed documentation relating to such images are protected by the Copyright and Design Act 1988. It is contrary to the Act to copy or allow to be copied photographically/electronically or by any other means an image created as part of this contract without the prior permission of the photographers in writing.
Retouching, digital manipulation and artist finishing is available to the client as an optional extra.
Any complaints should first be raised by the Client with the photographers/videographers in writing within 14 days from the date of receipt of the images. In the unlikely event of an unresolved complaint the Client may request the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers to mediate but only on the basis that its decision shall be final and binding upon both parties.